- Enthusiasm and determination to make your mark on the world!
SAP PM (Plant Maintenance) application component from SAP provides a tool for all maintenance activities to be performed in an organization. All the activities that are performed under maintenance are interconnected and hence this module is closely integrated with other modules – Production Planning, Materials Management, Quality Management, and Sales and Distribution.
Using SAP PM, you can perform automatic repairs and facilitate maintenance requests in an organization. PM module allows you to record problems in SAP system, plan labor and material activities, and to record, manage, and settle the cost. In a company department, as a plant manager/supervisor you have to identify, document, manage problems and perform enterprise asset management for the required assets, and to perform these activities SAP PM is one of the best ERP tools for this purpose.
SAP Plant Maintenance contains the following sub-modules –
- Management of technical objects and equipment master record
- Planning of maintenance task
- Manage workflow notifications and work orders under maintenance order management
Key Functions of Plant Maintenance
Following activities are performed under SAP PM –
- Inspection– Inspection is done to check the actual condition of a technical system.
- Preventive Maintenance– Preventive maintenance is used to maintain high availability of the technical system. It includes maintenance planning and work scheduling activities for technical objects.
- Repair – Repair involves all measures that can be performed to restore the ideal condition. Repair process can be performed at many planning stages – like work scheduling, resource planning and initial costing, etc.
You can integrate SAP PM with other modules such as Material Management, Production Planning, Personnel Management, and Sales and Distribution. These modules are used to keep the current data as per the requirement in Plant Maintenance and are initiated automatically to maintain the current data in the system.